Welcome

Welcome to JFS School's official Blog. This is our third year of the blog and represents a chance for our new team of intrepid student journalists to write what's on their minds. The Autumn term’s blog theme focuses on “Inspiration” - so stay tuned for some fantastic creative writing.


Tuesday 16 December 2014

INSPIRATION: Finding Role Models


In this society, finding role models who are good influences is a challenge which not many of us succeed at so I asked some year eight students who their role models are.

Hannah from 8W1 said that Cara Delvigne inspires her because "she doesn't care about what people think of her" while Jade, also from 8W1, was just one of many who said Nelson Mandela because "he stood up for what he believed in". Fellow classmate, Eliana told me "Jessica Ennis not only inspires me but pushes me to keep trying as she never stops persevering."

I have had to ignore certain responses but I've realised the truth in one answer I very nearly dismissed: "myself". Admittedly, this was said by Yosef from 8W2 as he chuckled to himself but it was suddenly so clear: just as beauty starts from within, so does motivation.