Welcome

Welcome to JFS School's official Blog. This is our third year of the blog and represents a chance for our new team of intrepid student journalists to write what's on their minds. The Autumn term’s blog theme focuses on “Inspiration” - so stay tuned for some fantastic creative writing.


Thursday 17 January 2013

INSPIRATION: Tour Guiding in JFS

When asked to take parents of year five and six students who intended to apply to JFS, on a tour around the school campus, I was initially anxious. What if they didn’t like me? What is I inexplicably lost my around the school or could not answer their questions? However, this was fortunately not the case and I thoroughly enjoyed weaving my way through the halls and sharing my knowledge with the future year sevens. Watching the potential new students inspired me to reflect upon my own experiences throughout my time in JFS.
Since joining the school, I have attempted to take advantage of the incredible opportunities that are presented to JFS pupils. Whilst these include fantastic residential trips, such as a taste of Israel (ATOI) and outstanding outings to the theatre, the opportunities, that I relish the most are the ones that students receive on a day to day basis. The chance to converse with a wide variety of people ; the ability to be taught in great learning environment in which students are dedicated to achieving their goals and teachers are committed to helping them do so. These are the things I cherish the most about JFS.
Talking to the prospective pupils lead me to consider the future of JFS, think of its rich history and the long journey that the school has taken to get to where it currently is. From its beginning in 1732, JFS has adapted and advanced to deal with the situation in Britain of the moment. Through the influx of Jewish immigrants in the 19th century and the Blitz in WW2, JFS continued due to relocation and progression of its policies that reflected the developments of the British Jewish community. Talking with the new students lead me to recognise that they will  be fortunate enough to have the opportunity to shape the future of the school and leave their own mark upon it.