Welcome

Welcome to JFS School's official Blog. This is our third year of the blog and represents a chance for our new team of intrepid student journalists to write what's on their minds. The Autumn term’s blog theme focuses on “Inspiration” - so stay tuned for some fantastic creative writing.


Thursday 17 January 2013

INSPIRATION: Getting Up


Getting Up Becomes Worth It In The End

Throughout darkened mornings, I stumble blind. 
While the wind whispers dread, as though to make
Vulgar satire of my feet which ache,
With each step. Forever slaved to daily grind,
I watch the red monsters, and stand confined
Inside their stomachs, fully wide awake.
The doors open; air whips round like a snake,
And I race into school leaving behind,
All my anxiety, fear and regret,
As I stride into the classroom so filled
With knowledge of our mysterious life.
Taught things of old, knowing I won’t forget
The wisdom of many. I am greatly thrilled
For the chance to learn; it’s worth all the strife.