Welcome

Welcome to JFS School's official Blog. This is our third year of the blog and represents a chance for our new team of intrepid student journalists to write what's on their minds. The Autumn term’s blog theme focuses on “Inspiration” - so stay tuned for some fantastic creative writing.


Thursday 17 January 2013

INSPIRATION: Prospective Parents Evening


The first time I saw JFS, I was in year five, about nine years old. From what I can remember, it was very big and I was terribly scared. How was I supposed to find my way around, or even remember any of the classes I had to go to in such a huge school? This was one of the many questions that I faced.

My family and I had come to have a look at the school at Prospective Parents Evening. I couldn’t believe how many students had stayed behind at school to help out. Their attitudes not only made the evening enjoyable but also helped with my decision about which school to choose. Each department had different activities to show the prospective students and it wasn’t what I thought it would be – just looking around different classrooms and getting incredibly bored!

The memory obviously never left me because this year I decided that I really wanted to help with Prospective Parents Evening. After school, we were provided with some food and then sent straight off to help out with our chosen department. I volunteered to go to the Science department, mainly because I love performing practical demonstrations and watching people’s reactions to explosions and chemical experiments.

While I was helping out, I saw lots of people I knew and I was answering questions that they had about the school. It definitely reminded me of when I was in their position a few years ago. Overall, it was such a great experience and I would easily recommend other students to help at PPE in future years.