Welcome

Welcome to JFS School's official Blog. This is our third year of the blog and represents a chance for our new team of intrepid student journalists to write what's on their minds. The Autumn term’s blog theme focuses on “Inspiration” - so stay tuned for some fantastic creative writing.


Thursday 17 January 2013

INSPIRATION: Olympics


Over the summer JFS students had a unique and once in a lifetime opportunity to visit the Olympics and Paralympics with school. Many of the student’s applications for tickets had been denied but JFS gave us the opportunity to visit the Olympics. I found the trip Inspiring as I have always liked sport but it made me want to push that Limit even more, could I ever become an Olympian?
Not only this, but I have been privileged to hear talks from Paralympic athletes including an 800m gold medal winner! We were given the opportunities to have a question and answer session with them, listen to them speak and even see their medals.
Overall, although the Olympics and Paralympics have now left London I believe they have hit their target and left a lasting legacy upon the whole country. School helped this to happen for me and many JFS Students, myself included are grateful for this.