Welcome

Welcome to JFS School's official Blog. This is our third year of the blog and represents a chance for our new team of intrepid student journalists to write what's on their minds. The Autumn term’s blog theme focuses on “Inspiration” - so stay tuned for some fantastic creative writing.


Thursday 17 December 2015

INSPIRATION: 'I Wait'

I lie, inert in my cocoon, unable to focus
My insignificant mind, an empty cavernous space yawns longingly,
I wait…

Heaviness envelopes me,
Tying me down to my incommodious sanctuary
The air’s humidity strangles my leaden lungs,
I wait, in anticipation…

Insect-like legs tickle my brain
An irritation I cannot quite scratch
I still wait…

A gnawing frustration waits to be quelled
The unsatisfying lull continues and still,
Nothingness…

An awakening prickle on my wing
An irresistible dryness in my throat
Battalions marching through my chest.

Potential trapped behind my eyes
The innocuous spark ignites my brain.

From the chrysalis my idea has emerged as
I conquer my deep dissatisfaction,
I am inspired.


I wait no longer.