Welcome

Welcome to JFS School's official Blog. This is our third year of the blog and represents a chance for our new team of intrepid student journalists to write what's on their minds. The Autumn term’s blog theme focuses on “Inspiration” - so stay tuned for some fantastic creative writing.


Thursday 17 December 2015

INSPIRATION: The Badge

Fresh new start, new premises to explore,
Building up since year 7, its part of my core.
From committee to committee, I have done it all,
I will reign in the votes; they will beckon at my call.

As I sit every term, listening to their speech,
I wish I was up their spreading my preach.
Deputy or Head I really don’t mind,
My name on that badge is the one you shall find.

In my head I have it all planned,
As Mr Miller calls my name, and shakes me by the hand.
I'll be very strict but also accepting,
And look back at my time at JFS, I will be reflecting.

I'll wear the badge every day with pride,
No more worrying for me, it will be an easy ride,
Oh how lucky those 6 are,
One day that will be me, and ill be the star.

My campaign could defeat Cameron or Clegg,
But its such a long process, each and every leg.
Like a kid on candy, it gives me a rush,
To know I'll be in charge and have the last hush.

If it wasn’t for Miss Patel I don’t know where I'd be,
Put me forward, given me chances, the hope she has given me.
All this work adds up, that’s for sure,
Everyone knows I want it; it’s like a newfound law.

I will fight for this role, at any point I get,
I was born for this job I can sure no regret.
My Assurance and confidence may strike to annoy,
But I can tell you now I will be the next Head Boy.