Welcome

Welcome to JFS School's official Blog. This is our third year of the blog and represents a chance for our new team of intrepid student journalists to write what's on their minds. The Autumn term’s blog theme focuses on “Inspiration” - so stay tuned for some fantastic creative writing.


Thursday 28 November 2013

INSPIRATION: A Questioning Time


There were days when I would feel so lost. So confused. So unsure. I looked around me and couldn’t seem to understand what everyone else was thinking about. What everyone else was smiling about, I couldn’t seem to relate. Sometimes I would wonder how I was born into the same world as these others. These happy others who seemed to have no overwhelming worries; no unfortunate restrictions, no immediate ‘problems’.

But one day it hit me. I had to remember who I was, what I wanted and what it would feel like when I wouldn’t be in this blur. This painful uneasiness that would engross me on the cold winter nights wouldn’t last forever and I had to remind myself of that. I try to remember what led me to this realization. What was I doing? Who did I confide in?

But in all honesty I remember, I remember it was just me. It was just me on those nights when I would stay up all night writing. Nothing in particular – just my thoughts, whatever they were as they whizzed through my mind. Things became clear, things became clean and I understood what everyone was smiling about. They were smiling about all the goodness in the world. All the happiness and all the beauty. I had been so focused on wanting to be ‘happy’, to enjoy life, to feel fulfilled that I was missing the bigger picture. I was missing all that was important. I had to learn: to live in the moment, to look at the world as it was now and not how it would be one day when I reached that distant ‘goal’ of mine and to appreciate everything I had. It was only at this point when I turned to myself and assessed that I realised this.

Having read this you’re probably wondering who then was the inspiration of this confession or how does this relate to the given subject and my answer is, I’ll leave that choice to you. It could easily be seen that all those ‘happy’ people I was intrigued by were my inspiration, the way in which their smiles made me want to reach their same level of happiness; however just as easily I could say that the power of writing and words were my inspiration and truly allowed me to explore myself and truly become the person I am today.