Welcome

Welcome to JFS School's official Blog. This is our third year of the blog and represents a chance for our new team of intrepid student journalists to write what's on their minds. The Autumn term’s blog theme focuses on “Inspiration” - so stay tuned for some fantastic creative writing.


Friday 8 April 2016

AMBITION: War Sonnet

Ambition sonnet:
(Iambic pentameter: 10 syllable per line but does not follow stressed, unstressed rule)

From a young age that strong desire burned
To be a brave soldier I simply yearned
It was nineteen-eighteen I saw them home
From the front trenches where they once did roam
Those young soldiers experienced so much pain
Many young men did not make it home again
But twenty-one years later the “Hun” was back
World War Two was my own chance to attack
Maybe it was understanding I lacked
Because anger and revenge had me backed
As my comrades’ luck ran out and they fell
I realised that war is but pure hell!
My ambition for a soldier was no more
I was later killed on Omaha’s shore