Welcome

Welcome to JFS School's official Blog. This is our third year of the blog and represents a chance for our new team of intrepid student journalists to write what's on their minds. The Autumn term’s blog theme focuses on “Inspiration” - so stay tuned for some fantastic creative writing.


Friday 8 April 2016

AMBITION: Being Eagerly Desirous

Ambition. What is it? An earnest desire for types of achievement or distinction, such as; power, honour, fame, or wealth and the willingness to strive for its attainment. I live to succeed in whatever I do. I live to gain the marvellous feeling of doing well in something whatever it may be, or doing something which helps another person to feel at ease. However, being an ambitious person who is always striving for success does come with obstacles. I have never been at the top of any of my classes. Nor have I felt the astonishing feeling of getting 100% in any tests I have taken part in. But, I do still believe that I can work towards these goals and eventually I will pursue them. 

Martin Luther King Jr once said ‘’ if you can’t walk then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward’’. I believe that this is a extremely powerful quote, that in times of distress we should always think of. The ability to be perfect and achieve everything that you have ever wanted is unreachable for anyone. Although we may not be perfect as human beings, we can strive to be the best people that we could possibly be. I have been in many situations when I thought ‘I can’t do this’ or ‘how will I ever do this’ but then I have come to the realisation that thinking in that way will never get me anywhere. I want to achieve, pursue, make myself and others proud, but how will I possibly do those things if I don’t believe that I can?

Being ambitious is the act of being eagerly desirous of achieving or obtaining success, power, wealth or a specific goal. Whatever it may be that you are doing, you should try to put in all your effort and work and it will definitely lead you to success. You should never have to think that just because you are not outstandingly perfect at a certain thing, that you will never be able to do it. We live in a world where we are encouraged to be the best we can possibly be and always look forward to the positive aspects of our lives. 


Be ambitious