Welcome

Welcome to JFS School's official Blog. This is our third year of the blog and represents a chance for our new team of intrepid student journalists to write what's on their minds. The Autumn term’s blog theme focuses on “Inspiration” - so stay tuned for some fantastic creative writing.


Friday 8 April 2016

AMBITION: The State of my Ambition

“A dual national is not considered a foreign citizen under Israeli Security Service Law and is subject to a mandatory military service according to that law”

You were first in my grandparents’ dreams,
and where I first dreamt, generations later.
Now our dreams have turned to nightmares;
though you are not the traitor

For through it all, you are still mine.
And in blue envelopes, I see your calls.
Occupying my birthday greetings, you remind me:
I am still yours.

Just like you, I am unhealthily
divided. I know your enemies are unjust.
Yet the crown, we dreamt you wearing,
has slowly turned to rust.

I will only fight in my mental war,
You shall not place weapons in my hands:
Till I can visit my Jerusalem,
In my fair and pleasant Land