Welcome

Welcome to JFS School's official Blog. This is our third year of the blog and represents a chance for our new team of intrepid student journalists to write what's on their minds. The Autumn term’s blog theme focuses on “Inspiration” - so stay tuned for some fantastic creative writing.


Thursday 31 October 2013

INSPIRATION: What inspires me?


Well; what does inspire me?
            Everything! Without a doubt, I can tell you that just the mere idea of being, inspires me in a way that is quite remarkable and quite hard to explain, really.

So, instead, I will tell you about my secondary source of inspiration: My Mother. Yes, you're right; it isn’t exactly the 'manliest' or 'toughest' thing I could come up with. And don’t get me wrong, but, I mean: superheroes, video games, famous movie stars, and so on; these are all very legitimate, very normal sources of day-to-day inspiration, but they are also all so boring and unoriginal. Not to mention the fact that many of the role models nowadays can be pretty bad influences and even worse sources of inspiration (take Miley Cyrus for example).

No- I cannot; I will not flock with this herd of sheep as they follow the trail of destruction left by that wrecking ball. I will stand up and tell you that yes, your mother is your greatest source of inspiration, and don’t let anyone tell you differently! Your mothers' secondary job (after feeding you), for god's sake, is to inspire you to succeed in life, no matter what path you choose to take.

So yes, you should definitely listen to your mothers' inspirational speeches, because I can tell you now, they are the best pep-talks you will ever receive. Not only that, but unlike your average twenty-one year-old pop star, your mum knows her stuff. Believe me, she's been through it all; and her one goal in life is to pass on this awesome knowledge to you and your siblings.

Our mothers know more than us. Therefore, if you want my advice, listen to your mother, and listen closely; she only has so long to pass her wisdom to you.