Welcome

Welcome to JFS School's official Blog. This is our third year of the blog and represents a chance for our new team of intrepid student journalists to write what's on their minds. The Autumn term’s blog theme focuses on “Inspiration” - so stay tuned for some fantastic creative writing.


Thursday 31 October 2013

INSPIRATION: Art


What inspires me is art. It inspires me in writing, drawing and designing. Art can vary from cooking to making music. Art is everywhere and you can never escape it and that’s what I love about it.

Banksy is the main person who inspires me (not for being a street artist, because I’m not) because of the way he takes risks in his work. I think in our work we all take risks no matter what form of work. Banksy takes it one step further by coming up with a name for himself and doing even more dangerous things, like painting public property.

Helena Bonham Carter is an amazing actress and inspired me to go into acting. She’s in all my favourite movies like Alice in Wonderland, Les Miserables, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the Harry Potter movies and each and every part she has played with all her heart. I think she’s one of the best at what she does.

J.K Rowling inspires me in my writing because her writing style and plot lines are so unique and clever and that’s what makes her such an amazing author.

Comic book artists inspire me because they don’t want to boast about what they can do; they just want to make a good story and pictures.

All of these people make different types of art but they’re all equally excellent and they all inspire me to be what I am today.